Discover the new Board of Directors of France Universités
On December 15, 2022, the members of France Universités elected new members to their governing bodies. Alongside the new Executive Committee, chaired by Guillaume Gellé, President of Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, the General Assembly also elected the Presidents of three new Councils, and new members for the Board of Directors were elected.
With 88.57% of the votes, Guillaume Gellé, President of the University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne, Virginie Dupont, President of the University of Southern Brittany and Dean Lewis, President of the University of Bordeaux form the new Board of France Universities.
The Councils, pillars for the strategic organization of France Universités
Three presidents were also elected to chair the Councils, which were established by the Association’s new statutes, which came into effect on December 1, 2022:
– Virginie Laval, president of Université de Poitiers, as President of the Council for Education, Student Life and Graduate Employment;
– Yassine Lakhnech, President of Université Grenoble Alpes, as President of the Research and Innovation Council;
– Jean-Marc Ogier, President of La Rochelle Université, as President of the Personnel and Resources Council.
The councils examine the issues and refine the positions that France Universités takes within the framework of the general orientations defined by the Executive Committee. They may meet in whole or in part to deal with a cross-cutting issue, and they have the autonomy to take on issues that fall within their field.
Each member of France Universités is an ex-officio member of the three councils, which will meet on the third Wednesday of the month, the day before the General Assembly.
17 presidents make up the new Board of Directors
In addition to the three members of the Executive Committee and the three presidents of the Councils, 11 new members have been elected to the Board of Directors of France Universités :
– Lamri Adoui, President of Université de Caen Normandy
– Mathias Bernard, President of Université Clermont Auvergne
– Hélène Boulanger, President of Université de Lorraine
– Stéphane Braconnier, President of Université Paris Panthéon-Assas
– Nathalie Drach-Temam, President of Sorbonne Université
– Philippe Ellerkamp, President of Avignon Université
– Anne Fraisse, President of the Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3
– Emmanuelle Garnier, President of Université de Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
– Frédéric Miranville, President of Université de la Réunion
– Gilles Roussel, President of Université Gustave Eiffel
– Macha Woronoff, President of Université de Franche-Comté
The Board of Directors will meet once a week. And in order to best respond to needs, it may decide to create a commission or a working group for an appropriate period of time.